5.3.13

9 in the Afternoon


So as I listened to 9 in the afternoon by Pan!c at the Disco, one of their lyrics struck me. While I sat in an pathetically padded office chair and the lyric 'loosing the feeling, of feeling unique' traversed through my mind I thought of not who I was, but more importantly what I was wearing. I sat there in one of Riccardo Tisci's most iconic floral prints, I realized that what I was wearing was completely bereft of originality and novelty. That this very shirt that I was wearing has been on countless, 'swag' and 'hype' blogs and tumblrs alike. That the shirt I am wearing, is coveted by the very same people that idolize Kanye West & Wiz Khalifa. I believe the elated state of my facial expression depicts quite accurately how I feel being associated with 'swag' & 'hype'.

Shirt - Givenchy Spring/Summer 2012
Shorts - Thrift
Socks - Black
Shoes - Salvatore Ferragamo

I am going to finish of this post with another lyric from 9 in the Afternoon. "You could, 'cause you can, so you do".  And thats exactly what I did, I could buy it, so I can buy it, so I did buy it. And to be completely honest I don't regret one single penny, yes its common, but its even more beautiful. Now if only I could get my hands on one of those shark tees. 

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment